Friday 7 December 2012

Bob Marley: Everything Happens For A Reason…

I’m not big on the idea of hero worship. The concept is fundamentally flawed when you consider that one of the most effective ways to foster a happier and more just world is by creating a level playing field. However, if I were pushed into the notion and asked to cite an individual, I wouldn’t hesitate to recognise the genius and convictions of Bob Marley.
 
I have been aware of the larger story of the great Rasta for much of my life. Even before I started to get a glimpse of the larger global picture, I knew that Marley had a truly profound understanding of the power of music. I also knew that his messages probably curtailed the duration of his life. For those of you who may not know about this aspect of the man, here is a fascinating article that gives a general overview of some of the suspicious circumstances that perhaps led to his death. It serves as a great introduction to anybody who wants to study the subject further.

Bob Marley – Everything Happens For A Reason…
http://suspiciousdeaths.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/bob-marley-everything-happens-for.html

“Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,
none but ourselves can free our minds…”   (Bob Marley)

No comments: